Lonely Planet’s Culinary Trip to Mexico Competition
Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to your entry. Please read them carefully as they contain important information you need to know!
1. Lonely Planet Publications Inc of 124 Linden Street, Oakland, California, 94607, United States of America (“Lonely Planet”) is the promoter. Our friends over at Acanela of 3538 Mentone Ave #8, Los Angeles, CA 90034 (“Acanela”); AND World Nomads of Level 21, 680 George Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia (“World Nomads”); AND Incipio Group of 6001 Oak Canyon, Irvine, CA, (“Incase”); AND Well + Good of 33 West 17th Street, Floor 8, New York, NY 10011 (“Well + Good”); AND Furthermore LLC of 895 Broadway, Floor 5, New York, NY 10017 (“Furthermore”) are collectively referred to as the “Promotional Partners”.
2. You can enter between September 5, 2017, 12:01am CDT (“Opening Date”) AND September 29, 2017, 11:59pm CDT (“Closing Date”).
3. WHERE ENTRANT EXPRESSLY AGREES WHEN ENTERING SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT WILL RECEIVE NEWSLETTERS, SPECIAL OFFERS AND OTHER MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM LONELY PLANET AND THE PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS LISTED HEREIN. This sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia aged 18 or over, except if you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of Lonely Planet, its promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, so the sweepstakes and these terms and conditions are void in those places.
4. Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
5. The winner and passenger must share the same travel itinerary and are responsible for obtaining valid passports and visas for travel.
6. Lonely Planet and Promotional Partners will use entrants’ personal details in accordance with their privacy policies, found at the following:
· Furthermore, https://furthermore.equinox.com/privacy.
7. Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the sweepstakes entry page: https://www.dojomojo.ninja/landing/terms/1583, so you should check this page regularly.
8. These terms are governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee, USA.
9. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Facebook, and you completely release Facebook from any claims in relation to this sweepstakes.
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations including the Twitter Rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Instagram, and you completely release Instagram from any claims in relation to this sweepstakes.
This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored or affiliated with Pinterest in any way.
YouTube is not a sponsor of this sweepstakes and you release YouTube from any and all liability in relation to this sweepstakes.
10. By entering the sweepstakes, each entrant hereby agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing), on behalf of himself/herself and his/her heirs and assigns, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to (1) release, discharge and hold harmless Lonely Planet, its Promotional Partners and its and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and independent contractors (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused), loss, injury, illness, death, or litigation arising out of the sweepstakes and/or use or misuse of the prize; and (2) indemnify the Released Parties from any and all liability arising out of the sweepstakes. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by this sweepstakes and/or use or misuse of the prize.
How to enter and prize details
11. To enter, go to http://lptravel.to/foodietrip and complete the entry form. You may only submit one entry form. You don’t have to buy anything to enter.
12. Extra Entries: after entering and before the Closing Date you will have the opportunity to obtain extra entries for social actions on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube, or for downloading an app. You must not follow, unfollow and follow again otherwise you will be ineligible to win.
You will obtain extra entries as follows:
a. two (2) extra entries for sharing the giveaway on Twitter;
b. two (2) extra entries for following Lonely Planet on Facebook;
c. two (2) extra entries for following Lonely Planet USA on Twitter;
d. two (2) extra entries for following Lonely Planet on Instagram;
e. two (2) extra entries for downloading Lonely Planet’s Trips App;
f. two (2) extra entries for following Acanela on Facebook;
g. two (2) extra entries for following Acanela on Twitter;
h. two (2) extra entries for following Acanela on Instagram;
i. two (2) extra entries for subscribing to Acanela on YouTube;
j. two (2) extra entries for following World Nomads on Facebook;
k. two (2) extra entries for following World Nomads on Twitter;
l. two (2) extra entries for following World Nomads on Instagram;
m. two (2) extra entries for following Incase on Facebook;
n. two (2) extra entries for following Incase on Twitter;
o. two (2) extra entries for following Incase on Instagram;
p. two (2) extra entries for following Well + Good on Facebook;
q. two (2) extra entries for following Well + Good on Twitter;
r. two (2) extra entries for following Well + Good on Instagram;
s. two (2) extra entries for following Furthermore on Facebook;
t. two (2) extra entries for following Furthermore on Twitter;
u. two (2) extra entries for following Furthermore on Instagram.
13. One first prize winner will receive
· one (1) trip for two adults to Mérida in Mexico, including:
o USD $750 cash transfer to purchase flights
o 4 nights/5 days accommodation including breakfast at Hacienda Teya of Carretera merida peto suarez km 12.5, Hacienda Teya, 97370 Kanasín, Yuc, Mexico;
o One (1) hands-on Yucatan Cooking Experience for two people;
o One (1) Merida City & Market Experience for two people;
o One (1) VIP Lonely Planet lunch experience for 2 people at Hacienda Teya restaurant, Mérida.
Provided by Acanela, Furthermore, Incase and World Nomads (approximate RRP $3,000 USD). All travel is subject to availability, must be confirmed with Acanela by November, 30, 2017 and completed by June 1, 2018.
· up to 2-weeks optional ‘Explorer’ travel insurance for two people up to the maximum value of $100.00 USD per person from WorldNomads.com/travel-insurance, subject to applicants meeting the eligibility criteria and agreeing the policy terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions as specified when obtaining a quote. To redeem, winner and guest should purchase travel insurance from WorldNomads.com before travel commences and email firstname.lastname@example.org the proof of purchase for reimbursement, up to the maximum value of $100.00 USD per person. If winner or guest is not eligible for travel insurance from WorldNomads.com, World Nomads will reimburse the cost of travel insurance obtained elsewhere, up to the maximum value of $100.00 USD per person. No purchase, payment of any kind, or insurance quote is necessary to enter or win. A purchase, payment, or quote will not improve the chances of winning.
Provided by World Nomads, approximate total RRP $200.00 USD.
· two (2) Incase NoviConnected Travel Luggage bundles, consisting of 4 items, including:
o NoviConnected 22 New smart carry-on luggage, approximate RRP $299.95 USD, https://www.incase.com/products/travel/roller-bags/noviconnected-4-wheel-hubless-travel-roller
o Travel Passport Wallet, approximate RRP $89.95 USD, https://www.incase.com/products/accessories/travel-accessories/travel-passport-zip-wallet
o Dopp Kit, approximate RRP $60.00 USD, https://www.incase.com/products/accessories/travel-accessories/travel-simple-dopp-kit
o Modular Mesh Organization Kit (includes 3 packs in each kit), approximate RRP$69.95, https://www.incase.com/products/accessories/travel-accessories/travel-modular-storage-pack
Provided by Incase, approximate RRP $1,040.00 USD; AND
· One (1) copy of Lonely Planet Food’s ‘From the Source – Mexico’, 1st edn (RRP USD $24.99) AND one (1) copy of Lonely Planet’s ‘Mexico travel guide’, 15th edn (RRP USD $29.99 USD) – provided by Lonely Planet.
Total prize value is approximately USD $4,294.98. These prize values are accurate at the start of the sweepstakes.
How is the winner chosen?
14. Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
15. The random draw to select the winner will happen in a small, dark room at 124 Linden Street, Oakland, CA 94607 on Monday October 2nd, 2017.
16. We’ll give the winner the good news by email and their name will be published on the Lonely Planet website within 2 days after selection. If you’re riddled with curiosity, send an email to email@example.com (including the name of the promotion) within 3 months of the Closing Date, and we’ll respond and tell you who won.
17. Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize by November 2nd, 2017, Lonely Planet will randomly draw a second winner. Where there is a compelling technical or administrative reason out of Lonely Planet’s control, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received at that time.
If you do win
18. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency and age, so that we are sure you are who you say you are, and are eligible to receive the prize.
19. You can’t exchange the prize for cash, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it for another prize of comparable value.
20. You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance, spending money, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers, fuel/currency surcharges, transfers not included in trip itinerary, additional meals and alcoholic beverages not included in the prize, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description.
21. If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself.
22. You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use including Acanela’s Terms, here: http://www.acanela.com/acanela-terms. Of course, if you win a prize, you’ll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. Lonely Planet reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
23. The nature of the prize may be such that it poses risks, or risks normally associated with travel to you (and if applicable, to your guest). You should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. Lonely Planet and its promotional partners are not responsible for use of the prize which results in:
a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
b) loss that was not caused by our breach of this deed or by our negligence;
c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by your breach of conditions of entry or your negligence.
24. You acknowledge that Lonely Planet, not any promotional partner, is the sponsor of this sweepstakes, and that any claims or disputes regarding the sweepstakes are between you and Lonely Planet. You agree that if you have a dispute with Lonely Planet in relation to this Prize Draw: (1) it will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claim will be limited to an action at law for damages and you will not be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) you waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and your right to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
What happens to my entry?
25. You give Lonely Planet a worldwide, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, in relation to the Culinary Trip to Mexico sweepstakes. You also consent to us editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium. We will, to the extent practicable, attribute you as the author.
26. If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to.