The Alaska Summer Giveaway: Where Glaciers, Wildlife, and Adventures Await
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT ENHANCE CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN TO ALL CITIZENS AND LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, HAWAII, OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO, AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER EXCEPT WHERE EXCLUDED AS DESCRIBED IN THESE RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, I ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM. I CONFIRM THAT I AM AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. BY ENTERING THESE SWEEPSTAKES, I AGREE TO SIGN UP AND RECEIVE NEWSLETTERS AND SPECIAL OFFERS FROM WINNI, LLC, TRAVEL CURATOR, MATT’S FLIGHTS, LLC, NEWSER, LLC, SIMPLY RECIPES, DOTDASH MEREDITH, PREVENTION, HEARST MAGAZINES, INC. PUBLISHER OF PREVENTION; WOW MEDIA PRODUCTS, INC. D/B/A PUREWOW, INSIDE HOTELS, AND SURFACE TRAVEL, INC. (“PROMOTION PARTNERS”) AND I UNDERSTAND THAT INFORMATION I PROVIDE OR THAT IS COLLECTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS GIVEAWAY WILL BE SHARED AMONG PROMOTION PARTNERS. I UNDERSTAND I MAY OPT OUT OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS AND OTHER OFFERS, AND THAT IT WILL NOT IMPACT MY CHANCE OF WINNING. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT I MAY ENTER USING AN ALETERNATIVE, MAIL-IN METHOD OF ENTRY, WHICH WILL NOT IMPACT MY CHANCE OF WINNING. I ACKNOWLEDGE NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY AND A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE MY CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Alaska Summer Giveaway: Where Glaciers, Wildlife, and Adventures Await (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) begins at 12:00 a.m. on March 22, 2023 Eastern Time and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 21, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries may be submitted anytime during the Promotion Period in accordance with these Official Rules.
2. SPONSOR. Sweepstakes Sponsor is Winni, LLC, 15 N. Southwood Drive, Nashua, NH 03063 (“Sponsor” or also a “Promotion Partner”). Promotion Partners also include Travel Curator, Matt’s Flights, LLC, Newser, LLC, DotDash Meredith, Simply Recipes, Prevention, Hearst Magazines publisher of Prevention, Wow Media Products d/b/a PureWow, Surface Travel, Inc., and Inside Hotels.
3. HOW TO ENTER. At the beginning of the Promotion Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting the sweepstakes site www.dojomojo.com/landing/campaign/524e7cd6-abb0-40f3-9e87-d5f031ea976e (the “Sweepstakes Site”) and completing the Sweepstakes entry form. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/email address. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Alternatively, you may enter by mail by sending, on a plain 3” by 5” index card, legibly hand-printed or typed, an entry with your first name, last name, complete mailing address, telephone number with area code, and email address (if any, and if you wish to provide it), to “The Alaska Summer Giveaway: Where Glaciers, Wildlife, and Adventures Await” c/o Winni, LLC at 15 N. Southwood Drive, Nashua, NH 03063. Mailed entries must be mailed with sufficient postage and postmarked during, and received no later than, three (3) days after the end of the Promotion Period and will be entered into the drawings after receipt. All electronic entries must be sent during, and received prior to the end of, the Promotion Period to be eligible. Maximum of (1) one entry per individual entrant. Entrants with multiple entries will be disqualified.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these “Official Rules” and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
5. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open solely to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Alaska, Hawaii, overseas military installations, Puerto Rico, and other U.S. Territories) who are at least 21 years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Winni, LLC and Promotion Partners and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertisers, marketing and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, representatives, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings or spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter.
6. PRIZES. One (1) prospective Winner will be selected in a random drawing after the close of the Promotion Period (“Prospective Winner”), and he or she must meet all eligibility and prize fulfillment requirements set forth in these Official Rules to be deemed as the winner and eligible to receive the prize (“Winner”). The prize includes a seven (7) night cruise for two (2) people sailing roundtrip Seattle to Alaska on the Celebrity Solstice departing August 18, 2023 in an Aqua class balcony cabin including drinks, tips, internet, $400 onboard spending credit, and cruise taxes, fees, and port expense totaling $522.70. Prize also includes a one-thousand-dollar ($1,000) Cash Card to use towards travel. Prize has an approximate retail value of $3,750. All other trip-related taxes and expenses, including but not limited to hotels, airfare, additional transportation, onboard incidentals, land programs, any upgrades, or any other additional expenses not set forth herein, are solely the responsibility of the Winner. Any available add ons or upgrades may be purchased at an additional cost and will be subject to the cruise line or other travel provider’s cancellation policy. Winner and Winner’s guest must both be 21 years of age. Only one winner may win the Sweepstakes. The prizes are not assignable and shall not be substituted for any other cruise or sailing date or other prize. Winner will not receive the value of any difference between the approximate retail value and actual retail value of the prize(s). Winner and Winner’s guest are subject to all cruise line terms and conditions for cruise prize. Prize(s) will not be replaced if lost or stolen, or not redeemed, and are not redeemable for cash, unless required by law. Winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in travel and that these risks may be present before, during and after the trip. Promotion Partners are not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the prize or for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight or cruise cancellation or delay. Promotion Partners are not responsible and will have no liability if the Winner and/or his/her guest is for any reason not permitted to travel by the relevant government, airport or cruise authorities or misses a flight, cruise or other travel element. All expenses, including taxes, not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of the prize(s) and are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Promotion Partners shall not be responsible for any prize that is not redeemed or forfeited. Winner and Winner’s guest are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for travel. Winner and Winner’s guest are solely responsible for their own conduct while accepting the prize and agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to use and enjoyment of the prize, including, but not limited to, consumption of alcoholic beverages. The Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The Prospective Winner will be notified by email on or about April 26, 2023. If the Prospective Winner does not respond to requests for confirmation or verification of information within three (3) days of transmission of notification, Prospective Winner forfeits award of the prize(s). In the event of prize forfeiture, or if an entrant is deemed ineligible for any reason as set forth below, an alternate potential winner may be selected from the entry pool, time permitting if time restrictions (i.e. travel related) apply to the prize. A maximum of one alternate winner may be selected in the discretion of Sponsor unless, time permitting, Sponsor elects to select a further alternate (if alternate potential winner does not redeem or otherwise forfeits prize). In such an event, the decision to award to a further alternate is in the sole discretion of Sponsor based, in whole or in part, on time considerations before travel details should be finalized. Prior to prize fulfillment, Winner may be required to sign and return, where applicable, an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and where legally permissible a publicity release. Winner also will be required to provide his/her tax payer ID number or social security number or W9 for tax purposes where prize value requires it (prizes with an ARV over $600 will be reported on a US 1099 form). The drawing will be conducted via a randomized program, and Sponsor’s decisions on all matters related to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. At the discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (a) Winner’s failure to respond to winner notification within three (3) days of transmission; (b) the return of a notification as undeliverable after one (1) attempt; (c) Winner’s failure to timely provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency within three (3) days of initial winner notification; (d) Winner’s failure to execute and return an affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release or requested tax information or W9 within three (3) days of its transmission; or (e) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. To collect prize(s), Winner will be contacted directly by Promotion Partner(s) for instructions. Additionally, Winner and Winner’s guest must return Release of Liability and Authorization form and any other forms required for travel within three (3) days of transmission. Failure to return required documentation results in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize components and full release of Sponsor, and any other Promotion Partners’ responsibility to provide the prize(s) and other prize components.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. The agreement covered by these Official Rules is governed by the State of New Hampshire. Any federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of Winner with the exception of the taxes included with the cruise ticket. Prizes not redeemable for cash, unless required by law, or transferable. No substitutions. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he/she has read and agrees to abide by all of these Official Rules.
11. PERMISSION TO PUBLISH. Except where prohibited, entrants grant Promotion Partners permission to publish his/her name, town/city and state of residency on their websites or promotional materials in the event of winning. Entrants also grant permission to release full names on a Winner’s list to individuals requesting a mailed copy of same.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Promotion Partners and their respective successors, assigns, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, members, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. By entering this Promotion, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, their assigns, their respective representatives and agents, their marketing, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for each Promotion Partner and its assigns to use said Winner's names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Promotion Partners make no representations or warranties with respect to the prizes awarded.
13. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW. In the event of any claim or dispute, entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the State of New Hampshire and application of New Hampshire law without regard to choice of laws. Without limiting the foregoing, by entering, each entrant agrees that (a) disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorney’s fees be awarded or recoverable. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
14. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of these Official Rules shall be held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions will not be affected or impaired, provided, however, that the parties use their best efforts to achieve the purpose of the invalid provision by a new legally valid stipulation.
15. IMPORTANT NOTICE. You may be charged for visiting the mobile Website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your carrier. Please contact your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. You must use a Smartphone device to participate via your mobile phone. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific Internet instructions. If your data usage exceeds what is allotted by your data plan, you could be subject to additional fees by your carrier. Please contact your mobile service provider with any questions regarding your bill.
16. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER’S LIST. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or a list of prize Winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Sweepstakes to c/o Winni, 15 N. Southwood Drive, Nashua, NH 03063 You must specify what you are requesting. Vermont residents may omit the return postage requirement.
17. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, due to technical failures, or any other causes beyond the exclusive control of Sponsor, or that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper(s) with the entry process.
18. ASSIGNMENT. Promotion Partners may assign their rights under these Official Rules.
19. INDEPENDENT PROMOTION PARTNERS. The Promotion Partners are independent of one another and nothing herein shall constitute (or be deemed to constitute in law or in equity) a partnership, agency, fiduciary, employment, or joint venture relationship between the Promotion Partners. The Promotion Partners are not, and will not be deemed to be, the legal representative or agent of any other, nor shall any of the Promotion Partners have the right or authority to assume, create, or incur any third-party liability or obligation of any kind, express or implied, against or in the name of or on behalf of another. In addition, none of the Promotion Partners shall be deemed to be a member of a partnership with the other for tax or any other purpose other than as set forth herein.
20. HOSTING PLATFORM. The Sweepstakes hosting platform is DoJoMojo https://www.dojomojo.com/.
21. THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS. This Sweepstakes may be promoted on certain third-party platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)(“Third Party Platforms”). By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to comply with the rules and policies set forth by such Third Party Platforms and hold harmless such Third Party Platforms from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize related activities. Unless otherwise stated to the contrary in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or operated with any Third Party Platforms.