FURTHERMORE FROM EQUINOX
ITALY CYCLING ADVENTURE SWEEPSTAKES: OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO RECEIVE NEWSLETTERS, SPECIAL OFFERS AND OTHER MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM FURTHERMORE, DUVINE, CONDÉ NAST (ON BEHALF OF GQ), FATHERLY, AND MARIAH MEDIA NETWORK LLC (ON BEHALF OF OUTSIDE MAGAZINE).
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS HOSTED ON A THIRD-PARTY PLATFORM OPERATED BY INNOVATIVE BRANDS LLC.
1. PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: By entry into the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”). The Italy Cycling Adventure Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Furthermore LLC, located at 895 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 (“Furthermore”). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are, as of January 4, 2018, at least 21 years of age (each, an “Entrant”). Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Furthermore and its affiliates and subsidiaries and their immediate family members (spouse/domestic partner, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each of the foregoing (whether legally related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. In addition, employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Duvine, Condé Nast, Fatherly, and Mariah Media Network LLC and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and licensors (collectively, the “Furthermore Partners”), and their immediate family members (spouse/domestic partner, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each of the foregoing (whether legally related or not) are not eligible to enter or win.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes entry period begins January 4, 2018 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends February 5, 2018, at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Entry Period”). In order to earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, Entrants must go to the entry form located at https://www.furthermore.equinox.com/italy-cycling-sweeps and follow the on-screen entry instructions to complete and thereafter submit the entry form, which includes Entrant’s first and last name, date of birth, email address, zip code, and/or any other information requested by Sponsor, and agreement to the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, including these Official Rules. No entry will be accepted for any Entrant that does not provide and submit all of the information required on the entry form. By properly submitting the entry form, each eligible Entrant will earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. After submitting the entry form, eligible Entrants will have an opportunity to earn up to five (5) additional entries by taking one or more of the actions described on the screen through Entrant’s Instagram account; only one (1) Instagram account may be used to obtain the additional entries. Entrants must have a free Instagram account to earn these additional entries; visit http://www.instagram.com to learn more about Instagram and to set up a free account; please note that you must agree to comply with the Instagram Terms of Services in order to create an Instagram account. Entrants are responsible for their own mobile devices and Internet and cellular access. Data rates may apply. Limit up to six (6) entries total per person/e-mail address (1 regular entry and 5 additional entries total); multiple entries from the same e-mail address are void.
4. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: In order to determine the winner of the Prize (as defined below), a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period will be conducted on or about five (5) business days after the end of the Entry Period, but may be expedited or delayed in Furthermore’s sole discretion. The random drawing will be conducted by Furthermore, whose decisions on all matters relating to drawing and winners are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. COMMUNICATION WITH POTENTIAL WINNERS: Furthermore will contact the potential winner by email (at the address provided on the entry form) on or about five (5) business days after the drawing, but notification may be expedited or delayed in Furthermore’s sole discretion. Potential winners are subject to verification. Potential winners must reply to the email and claim the Prize by provide his/her shipping address, and any other information or documentation requested by Furthermore, which may include signing an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility (certifying, among other things, that the potential winner complied with the Official Rules), Release of Liability, and/or Prize Acceptance Form (collectively “Sweepstakes Documents”). The potential winner must complete the foregoing requirements within five (5) days after Furthermore sending its initial notification email. If the potential winner does not complete such requirements within such period, or Furthermore’s initial message is returned as undeliverable or the potential winner is otherwise deemed ineligible, not in compliance with these Official Rules or declines to accept the Prize as awarded, Furthermore may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the potential winner without further notice and forfeit the Prize, all in its sole discretion. All results are unofficial until Furthermore’s acceptance of the potential winner’s claim of the Prize, completion of required Sweepstakes Documentation, and verification of such individual (once accepted, the “Winner”). Entrants that do not win will not be notified.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): The Winner will be eligible to receive a prize package consisting of the following items (the “Prize”):
· A Tuscany, Italy 4-Day Bike Tour for the Winner, which includes (collectively referred to as “Trip Prize”):
A. Four (4) night sleeping accommodations for the Winner in single-occupancy rooms at each of the stops on the bike tour;
B. A four-day bike tour for the Winner through Tuscany, Italy (at locations determined by tour outfit, in its sole discretion), including luggage transfers and bicycle and helmet selection;
C. Meals throughout the tour (breakfast, lunch, and dinner on two days, lunch and dinner on one day, and breakfast on the final day); and
D. $1,000.00 prepaid gift card for use towards air travel to Tuscany for Winner.
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Prize is $4,795.00 USD. ARV is listed in U.S. Dollars as of the date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of Prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied by Furthermore. Prize elements are non-transferable, non-descendible, and have no cash value or equivalent. All taxes and other assessments resulting from the acceptance of the Prize, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used, are the sole responsibility of the Winner and Winner may be subject to withholding tax. The Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the Prize. In no event will Furthermore be obligated to award more than one (1) Prize. Furthermore reserves the right to substitute any prize element with a different item of equal or greater approximate retail value. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prize may not be awarded if, among other things, the Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or the Prize is not properly claimed.
Travel Restrictions: Should Winner elect to travel or partake in the Prize Trip without participating in the bike tour, the bike tour portion of the Prize Trip will be forfeited and no additional compensation will be awarded to the Winner. Prize Trip will not be provided and associated travel booking and ticketing will not occur until Furthermore has received all required Sweepstakes Documentation. Winner will be required to make flight arrangements directly with Winner’s chosen airline using the travel gift card. Winner will receive instructions on how to book accommodations with Prize provider. Travel dates are subject to airline and hotel availability, approval, and holiday and blackout dates. Winner must select the Prize Trip dates from a list of available dates provided by the outfitter; no alternate dates shall be available. In the event, for whatever reason, the Winner cannot travel on available dates and/or cannot complete Prize Trip by the date listed herein, the Prize may be forfeited (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and no alternate prize or compensation shall be provided. Prize Trip must be completed by December 31, 2018; blackout dates may apply in the outfitter’s discretion. After selecting a tour date, the winner will receive a Traveler Profile to complete. This profile must be signed and returned to DuVine within 10 days of receipt, including agreement with the Traveler Code and Release of Liability forms. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the Prize Trip. Winner must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government-issued photo ID) prior to departure, and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of Prize Trip. All elements of the Prize Trip must be redeemed at the same time or they will be deemed forfeited, and no changes to travel details will be permitted once travel arrangements have been booked.
Prize Trip consists only of the elements expressly stated above. Any costs associated with the receipt of and/or use of the Prize Trip that are not expressly stated above are not included in the Prize, and Winner is solely responsible for such excluded costs, which may include, without limitation: ground transportation (including to/from airport and to/from hotel), state or local taxes or government surcharges or fees, service charges, facility fees, security fees, airline fees, passenger tariffs or duties, fuel surcharges, trip and travel insurance and premiums, meals, beverages, incidentals, gratuities, telephone calls, upgrades, charges for changing dates or other personal costs and expenses not specified herein. Winner will be required to pay any required taxes or surcharges applicable to air travel, including ticket/airport taxes and fuel surcharges, at the time of tissue issuance. Winner may be required by the hotel to provide a valid major credit card or other acceptable form of payment or other security deposit, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion, at the time of reservation and/or check-in, and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals (except where specifically noted above), beverages, incidentals, and other ancillary services (except where specifically noted above), upgrades and other personal charges and expenses charged to the Winner’s hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit card or deducted from the deposit provided. Approximate retail value of Prize Trip may vary depending upon the points of departure availability and/or airline fare or hotel rate fluctuation; any difference between the stated approximate retail value and final value of Prize Trip will not be awarded to Winner. Prize Trip may not be combined with, or used to qualify for, any other promotional offer, and travel may not qualify for credits or points in any travel rewards program. Furthermore will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the possession of Winner. Any date changes or cancellations for airline tickets after issuance may be subject to reissue/cancellation fees. Cancelled tickets cannot and will not be reissued. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. If Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Prize Trip due to illness or injury, Furthermore shall have the option in its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Prize Trip and no other compensation in lieu of the Prize Trip will be awarded. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Furthermore’s hotel and air travel prize suppliers, including as detailed in the passenger ticket contract and/or hotel stay certificate issued by such suppliers.
BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, WINNER ACCEPTS THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN USE OF THE PRIZE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AIR TRAVEL AND BICYCLE TRAVEL), INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Furthermore, which shall be final and binding in all matters, and Entrant represents to Furthermore that it is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and that all information it provides is and will be accurate. Entries become the sole property of the Furthermore. To the extent permitted by applicable law, acceptance of the Official Rules also constitutes permission to Furthermore to, and Furthermore reserves the right (but not the obligation) to use Entrant’s name and likeness in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice or compensation to, or approval from, the Entrant.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrant understands that Entrant is providing your information to Furthermore and the Furthermore Partners, not to Instagram. The information provided by Entrants is subject to Section 7 of these Official Rules.
Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of entry. Furthermore is not responsible for (1) incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries, Prizes, notifications or other communications (including without limitation as a result of any e-mail filtering by an Entrant’s ISP, or e-mail provider, insufficient space in a user’s email account or errors or losses of any postal or delivery service); (2) technical problems (including without limitation malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof); (3) fraud; (4) typographical or other error in the printing or display of the Sweepstakes, including the Official Rules or Prize descriptions, administration of the Sweepstakes or announcement of the Prize or the Winner; or (5) any factor beyond Furthermore’s reasonable control that may impair the integrity, security, fairness, or proper functioning or administration of the Sweepstakes. As a result of any of the foregoing errors, failures or factors or for any other reason (including without limitation an unanticipated occurrence not fully addressed in these Official Rules) Furthermore reserves the right to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof including the Entry Period and Official Rules, in a manner deemed reasonable by Furthermore, at Furthermore’s sole discretion. Notice of any cancellation, modification, suspension or termination will be posted on the Furthermore website. In the event of any cancellation, modification, suspension, or termination Furthermore reserves the right (but not the obligation) to select a winner, in accordance with Section 4, from the eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, suspension or termination. Furthermore is not responsible for any damage to any Entrant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR TAMPER WITH THE FURTHERMORE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FURTHERMORE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. FURTHERMORE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT THAT PROVIDES INCOMPLETE OR INACCURATE DETAILS, IS INELIGIBLE, DOES NOT FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS OF FURTHERMORE, OR VIOLATES OR ACTING IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR IS DETERMINED TO BE TAMPERING OR MANIPULATING WITH THE ENTRY AND FUNCTIONING OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION BY ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES, WHETHER THROUGH USE OF ROBOTIC, AUTOMATIC, PROGRAMMED, OR OTHER LIKE METHODS OF PARTICIPATION.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant hereby agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing), on behalf of himself/herself and his/her heirs and assigns, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to (1) release, discharge and hold harmless Furthermore, the Furthermore Partners, the Entry Platform, Instagram, each of their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and independent contractors (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused), loss, injury, illness, death, or litigation arising out of the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize; and (2) indemnify the Released Parties from any and all liability arising out of the Sweepstakes. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize suppliers that may be sent along with the Prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by this Sweepstakes, participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action and shall be resolved individually. Entrant further agrees (x) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (y) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs; (z) Entrant's remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and Entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to every Entrant. This Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, and any claims or disputes arising hereunder, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles. Entrant expressly agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the competent federal, state and local courts located in New York County, New York. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Sweepstakes, the Furthermore website, and all related pages, contents and code are copyright © 2017 Furthermore LLC. Furthermore’s name, designs, logos and slogans are trademarks or service marks and exclusive property of Furthermore. The names, designs, logos and slogans of the respective Furthermore Partners and prize suppliers are the exclusive property of the respective Furthermore Partner or supplier. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of Furthermore is strictly prohibited.
9. WINNERS LIST: To receive the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Furthermore LLC, 895 Broadway, New York, New York 10003, Attn: Italy Cycling Adventure Sweepstakes Winner. Requests must be received by March 5, 2018, 11:59:59 PM ET. Information will not be provided until after the Entry Period and when the Winner has been verified.